Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer at Monmouth


We at Monmouth Plantation invite you to consider some down time, because life should be more than "a to-do list."

If you are like me, your days speed by like a freight train in a blur of projects and activities. Checking these seemingly endless items off my to-do list is my day's priority. Days turn into months, months turn into years, and before we know it, we have become stagnant, bored and boring.

This past weekend I had the chance to spend some "down time" at a friend's Gulf Coast summer home, freshly restored from the ravages of Hurricane Katrina. It took awhile to unwind and wean myself from my cell phone and my to-do list, but, by the second day, I was able to delight in the sheer joy of just being still and the calm reflective, restorative time necessary to recharge my batteries.

That's what Monmouth Plantation can do for you. It truly is a world away from the hustle and bustle of "everyday." We hope you will take some time off to enjoy the lazy days of summer. We have a hammock and a porch rocker waiting for you...


No comments: